Ebene News – AU – Victorian returned from northern Sydney beaches with COVID-19

Victoria has recorded three new cases of COVID-19, including a teenage girl who returned from Sydney to Melbourne after catching the virus on northern beaches

Health Minister Martin Foley said the Victorian who caught the virus in Sydney was a 15-year-old girl from Melbourne’s Moonee Valley Municipality, who returned from Sydney by road on the 18th December and had been tested on December 20 She is in quarantine at home with her family, he says

M Foley initially said the couple visited Victoria on December 17 but were corrected later today by Victoria and NSW Health Services

“The youngster returned from Sydney with his parent,” he said “They became isolated on their return to Victoria and due to awareness of the situation in Sydney the youngster asked for a screening”

All close family contacts have been interviewed and the health ministry is following up on all secondary close contacts and rapid response tests, he said.

“As the family was isolated at home, at this point there are no known exposure sites in Victoria,” he said

The family stopped at Oliver’s Real Food Outlet in Gundagai north of the NSW border before passing through Victoria, NSW authorities say

“We are working with our colleagues in New South Wales who have now listed this site as an exhibition site in New South Wales, but at this point no exhibition site has been identified at Victoria, “said M Foley

The family were visiting relatives on the northern beaches and the teenager was potentially exposed to the virus at several high-risk sites listed by the government of New South Wales

“The Avalon RSL, the Avalon Bowling Club, the fish and chips listed Quite a range,” said Mr. Foley

“At this point there are no exhibition venues, but if that changes we will provide further updates. Anyone who has returned from the North Beaches area, Greater Sydney or the central coast must be tested and quarantined for 14 days

The Victorian community as a whole remains free from the virus for the 53rd consecutive day

As Victoria tightened borders with New South Wales, 17 people, including a family of five, were moved to hotel quarantine after arriving from flights from Sydney

“These are 17 people who will be spending their Christmas and New Years, not as planned, but under quarantine conditions in a hotel,” said M Foley

“So my message to anyone trying to get into Victoria from NSW is – don’t You won’t go in, and if you do, you’ll be spending your Christmas and New Years time in hotel quarantine “

According to Victoria’s COVID Testing Program Commander Jeroen Weimar, there are 300 people in Victoria who authorities know for sure have visited exhibition venues in New South Wales

“300 people in Victoria who are being tested, who are in isolation, who work with our contact tracing and health colleagues They are supported We expect over the next few days as more and more of these Victorians to return from yesterday get tested and contact us, that this number will increase “, he said

M Weimar said 21,000 people arrived from the red zones from December 11-19

“Mainly by plane, because obviously we have all the flight manifests. Everyone who arrived by plane from Sydney airport received several texts to encourage them to go get tested”, a- he declared

“We will continue to make sure that we follow up with all of these people to make sure they are tested Until we see their negative test results pass, we will continue to prosecute them”

M Foley said none of the 4,000 people in high-risk areas of NSW who had been tested since the weekend had tested positive

Results come from more than 15,000 tests in Victoria on Monday There are now 11 active cases in the state, all in quarantine

M Weimar said the positive case linked to the NSW cluster shows why anyone returning from Sydney since December 11 needs to get tested immediately

“If you haven’t been tested since returning from Sydney since December 11th, we need you to go get tested today,” he said.

The Avalon cluster, which pushed Victoria to re-establish border controls with NSW, increased by 15 cases on Monday to a total of 83

The Victorians of Sydney and the Central Coast had until midnight last night to cross the Victorian border and return home without having to spend 14 days in hotel quarantine

Those who returned home last night must get tested within 24 hours of returning to Victoria and quarantine at home for 14 days from their last departure from the “red zone,” according to the Ministry of Health

Non-Victorian residents who have stayed in the Greater Sydney or Central Coast area since December 11 are not allowed to enter Victoria at all.If they do not comply with this ordinance, they will be required to participate in the 14-day Victoria hotel quarantine program

As of today, no one from the “hot zones” – Victorian resident or otherwise – is allowed to enter Victoria without being quarantined at the hotel for two weeks

The three new cases come after Prime Minister Daniel Andrews on Monday said he intended to adopt all recommendations from the scathing final report into the state’s hotel quarantine program

There have been over 20,000 cases of COVID-19 in Victoria since January and 820 people have died

Follow the news you need to know about the pandemic Sent Monday and Thursday Register here

Victoria’s COVID case

Ebene News – UA – Victorian returned from northern Sydney beaches with COVID-19

Source: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victoria-records-three-new-coronavirus-cases-in-hotel-quarantine-20201222-p56pg2.html